Our Client is looking for a Project Manager capable of finishing and project managing a range of projects from 5,000 sq.ft to 30,000o sq.ft typically for Interior Commercial Fit-outs for their clients. The company is a small team, however the team is expanding rapidly, the right candidate is key and will report to the CEO. They will need to multi-task with a broad skill set that provides a proactive approach to projects. The candidate needs to have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience capable of working on his/ her own initiative.
- Project manager in the interior fit-out sector of construction industry. Both contracting based project management and professional based.
- Strong commercial awareness. Ability to assist in pricing projects and advising on procurement procedures/strategies.
- Strong ability to plan projects at both Macro and Mirco level. Fully competent use of Microsoft Project or similar planning tools.
- Lead projects whether Design based or turnkey. Manage and oversee design/information release schedules.
- Govern several projects at the same time, with Site Manager or Foreman in place on each.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to lead and manage both client and design teams.
- Strong working knowledge in building services.
- Strong ability to assist in writing reports, RFP documents and implementation of site governance procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of technical specification of partitioning systems, furniture systems and finishes generally.
- Proficient in all aspects relating to IT Services, telephony systems, comms infrastructure, electrical distribution wiring, ups requirements, security systems.
- Ability to space plan in conjunction with Architects to produce layouts to client’s requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of building and statutory regulations, fire compliance, disability access certificate requirements and planning issues.
- Manage the procurement of incoming comms lines, liaise with utility vendors on behalf of the client on broadband /ISDN lines requirements.
- Ability to lead and manage subcontractors during construction stage.
- Chairing client meetings as single point of contact for client during course of the project.
- Working to tight deadlines for timely production of reports, update information for client.
Qualifications and Skills
- Design/Construction related Degree/Diploma
- 5 years + experience at PM level.
- Ability to engage with people at all levels within the working environment from the CEO to the Sub contractors.
- Great Communication Skills