Contracts Manager required for a prestigious main contractor in the western/Conn-aught region.
Required for well-know main Contractor who operate in the following sectors: Commercial, Educational, Healthcare, Pharma, Energy and Heritage.
Must be qualified to degree level coupled with 10+ years’ experience in managing multiple contracts in excess of €5m in value, ensuring safe and efficient construction practices at all times.
We may consider a project manager with suitable experience looking to progress their career.
- Full responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects both from a time scale & commercial prospective.
- Recruitment of effective project teams.
- Organisation of work programmers and updates – must be proficient in MS project or similar.
- Coordinating project and site managers on a variety of sites.
- Ensuring that the highest levels of H&S, Quality and environmental standards are met.
- Implement the company’s Cost & Value Management procedures and ensure that all necessary commercial report are produced accurately and in a timely fashion to upper management.
- Closely working with the Directors and Project Managers to support and recommend strategies, to identify any potential risks or issues and to find an appropriate resolution .
- Ensure effective procurement and supply chain management.
- Serve as the point of contract for the company on all contractual matters.
- Act as contractual ”middleman” between company employees and clients, ensuring timely review and approval/ reconciliation of variations.
- Maintain contractual records and documents such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contract information sheets, contractual changes, progress report and programmer and other documents for all projects.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide red lined recommendations.
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programmer, enhance specification and quality on completion.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or others operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Handle on-going issue and change management.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.